RPS RAIL PRESS BRAKES
RPS Rail Press Brakes apply spring force on the top of the rail while allowing a large rail vertical fluctuation RPS rail brakes use the weight of the crane in the braking process and provide the braking force along the rail.
They are spring set and hydraulically released. Once released, the brake hangs above the rail at a pre-designed clearance.
Actual braking capacity depends on the applied force and applicable coefficient of friction.
RPS brakes are parking brakes designed to apply when a crane comes into a full stop position.
- Allows for large variations of the rail height by means of a longer spring stroke
- Provides a balanced braking force / stroke curve
- Serrated / Smooth shoes fully protected from hitting the top of the rail for less wear and tear
- Oversized longer lasting springs for reduced maintenance
- Flow control valve installed on the brake for controlled setting time
- Proximity switch for release indication
- Brake shoes easily removed and replaced
- Made with high quality structural steel
- Simple mechanism with small number of moving parts for easy maintenance