WBES Wheel Brakes are parking and safety devices that can be used as dynamic brakes in case of emergency.
WBES Wheel Brakes apply force generated by springs on both sides of the crane wheels. Oversized brake shoes with bonded friction material apply on the side flanges of idler wheels, providing the friction forces, and thus, braking capacity.
Designed as parking brakes to be applied when equipment comes to a full stop, WBES wheel brakes can be also used as dynamic brakes in an emergency situation. By applying spring force directly on the wheel flanges, they minimize the amount of stress and strain otherwise placed on sill beams and truck assemblies of a crane.
- Hydraulic fail safe wheel brake
- No hydraulic components, so no environmental or fire liabilities
- High efficiency actuator for spring applied braking devices utilize an electromechanical release and hold system
- Actuator holding brake in sealed enclosure and with low power consumption, keeps wheel brake pads released until power is cut-off or lost
- Setting time can be adjusted by a mechanical regulator for setting time delay from 3 to 30 seconds
- The regulator does not use friction and is free from wear• Brake release monitored by proximity switch
- Equipped with shoe alignment device
- Maximum pad wear is 6mm per side