The Type SHD is a Safety single-Spring Hydraulical Caliper. The Calipers SHD5 is intended to work only as emergency brakes or service brakes with limited working rate.
Used mainly on inertia driven motions, the brake is expected to work:
a) As an emergency brake in the following cases:
- When an overspeed condition is detected by means of an overspeed detection device for the load
- Upon operation on an emergency stop button
- When the electric supply of the equipment is switched off.
b) As a service or park brake with limited working rate, for braking and normal stop when equipment is not fitted with another service brake.
- Hydraulic Safety Disc Brake
- Direct acting caliper
- Braking by spring application
- Short response time
- Compact design
- Designed for 200,000 cycles
- Opening and lining wear proving switches
- Positive lining fastening
- Organic or sintered lining pads
- Operating conditions : -20°C to +60°C
- Braking Force up to 33 kN