BBC 29 Series Clutch
The model BBC-29 clutch combines the ease of direct electro- magnetic actuation with the quick response and high torque offered by wrap spring technology. This improved clutch design features a ball bearing drive and a new magnetic circuit to enhance its performance and efficiency and greatly increase its life.
Bearing life effectively determines clutch life. Clutch performance has been significantly improved by replacing the sleeve bearing, commonly used in this type of clutch, with a shielded, prelubricated ball bear- ing. Life expectancy may now exceed 50 million cycles.
- Electromagnetic actuation
- High torque in a small package
- Corrosion protected
- Ball bearing mounted coil housing
- Bearing shielded against contamination and lubricant loss
- Redesigned, high efficiency magnetic circuit
- Drag free, engaged or disengaged
- High speed operation—up to 1800 RPM
- Housing assembly can be used as shaft bearing support
- Uni-directional input
- Freewheeling output when disengaged
- Simple installation—no adjustments required
- Custom configurations